Regulatory and governance considerations for gene drive research
The potential uses and impacts of gene drive technologies are a topic of growing interest at the international and national level in many countries. The Gene Drive Webinar Series aims to help promote a productive and balanced conversation on the benefits and risks of possible gene drive applications, providing factual and accurate information that can help place the discussion under the Convention on Biological Diversity in context.
On the fourth webinar of the series, experts answer the following questions:
- How are gene drives governed globally?
- What are the available guidance resources for responsible research?
- What are the requirements for engagement and public consultation?
The webinar is hosted by the ISAAA SEAsiaCenter and co-organized with the Outreach Network for Gene Drive Research and the ISAAA Biotechnology Information Centers. Registration to the webinar is free and open to all.
Dr. Flerida Carino
Member, Department of Science and Technology
Biosafety Committee, Philippines
Dr. Andy Shepard
Research Director, Managing Invasive Species & Diseases
CSIRO Health & Biosecurity Program
Ms. Naima Sykes
Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Dr. Vibha Ahuja
Chief General Manager
Biotech Consortium India Limited
Gene Drive Webinar Series
- What is gene Drive?
- Could gene drive approaches be used to protecting nature and recover biodiversity loss?
- Can gene drive eliminate vector-borne diseases?
- Regulatory and governance considerations for gene drive research
- Gene Drives amd the Issue of Governance - Dr. Flerida Carino
- Genetic control strategies for pests: Available guidance for responsible research - Dr. Andy Sheppard
- Stakeholder Engagement and Public Consultation for Gene Drive Research- Naima Sykes