What is Gene Drive?
The potential uses and impacts of gene drive technologies are a topic of growing interest at the international and national levels in many countries. The Gene Drive Webinar Series aims to help promote a productive and balanced conversation on the benefits and risks of possible gene drive applications, providing factual and accurate information that can help place the discussion under the Convention on Biological Diversity in context.
During the webinar, experts will walk you through:
• what gene drive is
• gene drive applications
• the history, precedents, and experiences in gene drive research
The webinar is hosted by the ISAAA SEAsiaCenter and co-organized with the Outreach Network for Gene Drive Research and the ISAAA Biotechnology Information Centers. Registration to the webinar is free and open to all.
Prof. Paul Thomas
Director of the South Australian Genome Editing (SAGE) Facility and Director of the Genome Editing Program
University of Adelaide and South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI)
Dr. Prasad Paradkar
Group Leader, Health & Biosecurity
Ms. Krystal Birungi Mwesiga
Target Malaria, Uganda Virus Research Institute
2021 Gene Drive Webinar Series
- What is gene Drive?
- Could gene drive approaches be used to protecting nature and recover biodiversity loss?
- Can gene drive eliminate vector-borne diseases?
- Regulatory and governance considerations for gene drive research
- Putting Gene Drive in Context:History, Precedents and Experiences - Dr. Prasad Paradkar