Food Futures: Commercialization of Gene-Edited Crops in Asia and Australia
Recent developments in the regulatory status of gene-edited crops across the world are opening up significant commercial opport sunities for agri-business. The sustainability of food value chains depends on a robust science-policy-society interface. This webinar will bring together important scientific and regulatory updates in Asia and Australia that relate to the future of gene-edited plant products.
Featuring experts from key biotech clusters in Asia and Australia, this workshop will provide significant science/ regulatory advice for relevant stakeholders both from academia and industry to enable trade in produce developed using gene-editing technology.
- Genome Editing Handling Policy Japan - Dr. Mieko Kasai
- Gene Editing Policy in APAC: Impact on Commercialisation - Kay Khoo
- Research, Policy Approaches and Implications for Market/Trade: Pakistan Scenario - Dr. Shahid Mansoor
- Modernising and Future-Proofing Australia's Gene Technology Regulatory Scheme - Mr. Osman Mewett
- Policy Environment and Commercial Potential of Gene- edited Crop in China - Xun Wei