B-SAFE Webinar Series: Biotechnology Applications and Impact on the Philippine Livestock IndustryJanuary 25, 2023
ISAAA Inc., in partnership with Winrock International through the Building Safe Agricultural Food Enterprises (B-SAFE) Project, will hold the webinar on Biotechnology Applications and Impact on the Philippine Livestock Industry on January 31, 2023, at 10:00 AM (GMT+8). The registration is now open.
The discussions will include:
- The traits for food security and climate change resiliency: the science, products in the pipeline and acceptance (A global perspective)
- Opportunities for animal biotechnology in livestock and its impact on the industry in the Philippines
The online event is part of a webinar series to raise awareness of the general public on the impact of livestock and fishery biotechnology. It also aims to highlight the current opportunities and potential benefits of trait improvements related to food and agriculture and resilience to climate change. The webinar will feature Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam, Cooperative Extension Specialist in Animal Genomics and Biotechnology at the Department of Animal Science at the University of California, Davis, and Dr. Marvin A. Villanueva, Chief of the Livestock Biotech Center and National R&D Coordinator of the Philippine Carabao Center at the Science City of Muñoz, Nueva Ecija. ISAAA Inc. Executive Director Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita will moderate the discussions.
Register for free at bit.ly/LivestockBiotechPH. To stay updated, visit the ISAAA Webinars page or follow ISAAA.org on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For inquiries, email email@example.com.
You might also like:
- ISAAA Webinar Explores Animal Biotech Prospects in the Philippines
- Bohol Governor Invites Biotech Experts to Showcase GM Crop Benefits to Farmers
- PH Judiciary Officials Get Updates on Biotech Regulations
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Adoption Delay of New Technology Always Disadvantageous to Consumers
- Media and Politics Affect GMO Adoption for Food in Uganda
- UC Riverside Researchers Discover Building Blocks of Photosynthesis
- Asia-Pacific Faces Threat of Urban Food Insecurity
- Building Knowledge and Regulatory Capacity in Animal Biotech in Response to Climate Change
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Biotechnology Applications and Impact on the Philippine Livestock Industry
- EFSA Publishes Criteria for Risk Assessment of Plants Produced by Targeted Mutagenesis, Cisgenesis, and Intragenesis
- Single Guide RNA for CRISPR-Cas9 System Based on Rice Bacterial Blight Resistance Gene
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 22, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: