ISAAA's Monthly Reach Hits 286 Million
One of ISAAA's principal goals is to impart science-based knowledge to all stakeholders. The information only becomes valuable if it reaches the public and promotes acceptance or influence on the decisions and actions of key stakeholders. Thus, ISAAA measures the multiplicity of the information it shares with the public through mentions, reach, and media impressions.
From April 24 to May 21, 2020, ISAAA has been mentioned 1,203 times and reached 286,420,085, according to Mention, a media monitoring tool. Most of the mentions were posted on Twitter (87.6%). The top country reached was the US (19.67%) and the major sentiment exhibited in the posts was neutral (49.6%). The main topics of the mentions were ISAAA, crops, food, and science, indicating the relevance of ISAAA in the agricultural and food sectors.
The ISAAA report, Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops: 2018 (Brief 54) has reached 80.3 million media impressions.
Some of the news articles that mentioned ISAAA are summarized below, sorted by topics of interest:
- Shared and Independent Genetic Basis of Resistance to Bt Toxin Cry2Ab in Two Strains of Pink Bollworm
- South Australia to lift ban on GM Crops after 16 years
- Transgenic in oils (Persian)
- COVID-19,seguridad alimentaria y transgénicos: contradicciones del régimen transitorio
- Genetically Modified Seeds Market Size, Share, Growth, Revenue, Global Industry Analysis and Future Demand (Fortune Business Insights)
- Insights into Genetic and Molecular Elements for Transgenic Crop Development
- COVID-19 has threatened world food security
- Experts call for more emphasis on food security
- Pakar: Ubah cara fikir terhadap sekuriti makanan pasca Covid-19
Crop Biotech Update
- Bolivia accelerates GMO crop approvals to bolster national food supply, export industries
- Viewpoint: EU opposition to CRISPR crops threatens sustainable farming in developing world
- Estudo: Vacina à base de plantas é eficaz contra Covid-19 (Portuguese) | Study: Herbalvaccine is effective against Covid-19
- How GMO and CRISPR gene-edited plants are playing key roles in developing coronavirus vaccines and treatments
- Genetically modified organism - Definition and Explanations
Dr. Mahaletchumy Arujanan
|Newer Post||Archive||Older Post|
Science Speaks is ISAAA's Blog hosted by the ISAAA website and publishes weekly blog articles to help share, disseminate, and promote scientific knowledge and its vital role in achieving global agricultural sustainability and development. Your support to Science Speaks will help us in our goal to promote scientific knowledge. You can help us by donating as little as $10.