ISAAA Statement: Cooperation with International Organizations
I speak on behalf of ISAAA.
ISAAA acknowledges public-private partnerships in carrying out essential activities globally for sustainable development, food accessibility and universal health.
ISAAA has been closely cooperating with both sectors and is open for closer cooperation with UN agencies such as WHO, FAO and others. We see at this convention, UN agencies having opposing and divergent goals and this complicates the implementation of common biodiversity conservation goals. The bigger danger is the confusion this poses to youth pursuing academic pursuits in Science & Technology, Agriculture, Health and Environment.
The need to pursue this cooperation is more compelling now for global biodiversity conservation, which will lead to sustainable development through the use of all the tools available in modern biotechnology.
Godfrey Mutero Ngure
- • Socio-economic Considerations
- • Capacity Building
- • Biosafety Clearing House
- • Assessment and Review of the Effectiveness of the Protocol
- • Integration under the convention and its protocol with respect to biosafety related provisions
- • Cooperation with International Organizations