20th Anniversary (1996 to 2015) of the Global Commercialization of Biotech Crops and Biotech Crop Highlights in 2015
Since 1996, 2 billon hectares of arable land – a massive area more than twice the landmass of China or the United States – have been planted with biotech crops. Additionally, it is estimated that farmers in up to 28 countries have reaped more than US$150 billion in benefits from biotech crops since 1996. This has helped alleviate poverty for up to 16.5 million small farmers and their families annually totaling about 65 million people, who are some of the poorest people in the world.
Crop Biotech Update | Biofuels Supplement
What is the latest on crop biotechnology? Find out the latest world developments in crop biotechnology that are of relevance to developing countries. The Crop Biotech Update features concise news every week and is also available through the KC subscription service.
- Subscribe to Crop Biotech Update
- Invite a Friend
- Crop Biotech Update RSS | Biofuels Supplement RSS
- Crop Biotech Update Archive
- Crop Biotech Update Translations
- Get the Official Crop Biotech Update Logo
Special Edition: Nairobi ABBC-2015 Declaration: Lift Ban on GMO Imports in Kenya
See contents of latest Crop Biotech Update Issue
February 22, 2017
• Climate-smart Rice Helps Farmers Face Climate Change
• Public learns about GMOs at ‘Harvest Money' Expo in Uganda
Asia and the Pacific
• Australian OGTR Approves Field Trial of GM Potato
• Downregulation of BnDA1 Improves Seed Weight and Organ Size in Oilseed Rape
• Overexpression of Wheat Gene TaOEP16-2-5B Enhances Heat and Drought Tolerance in Arabidopsis
New Breeding Technologies
• Development of Targeted Mutant Rice using the CRISPR-Cpf1 System
• USPTO Releases Verdict on CRISPR Patent
• Fat Content in Soybean Oil Modified with CRISPR-Cpf1
Beyond Crop Biotech
• Penicillin Production in Penicillium chrysogenum is not Dependent on the Number of Synthesis Genes
• The GMO MOOC is Back!
• MSU Training Program on IPR and Technology Commercialization
• IPBO-VIB-UGent Course "Modern Breeding Techniques of Maize"
• New ISAAA Board Game: #BiotechisCool
• New Communication Materials from Cornell Alliance for Science
2015 Biotech Crops Highlights
2015 Biotech Crops Highlights summarizes 20 years of global commercialization of biotech crops and 2015 Highlights
Issues and Challenges in Crop Biotechnology
Issues and Challenges in Crop Biotechnology is a collection of views and personal experiences of eminent scientists, regulators and communicators from 11 countries, in dealing with various issues and challenges in the adoption and acceptance of biotechnology and biotech crops.
Global Adoption and Approval of Biotech Crops in 2014
Global Adoption and Approval of Biotech Crops in 2014 summarizes the highlights of the Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops: 2014 by Clive James, Founder and Emeritus Chair of ISAAA.
Highlights of the 2013 Report
In this video, Clive James, Founder and Emeritus Chair of ISAAA, presents the highlights of the global status of commercialized biotech crops in 2013.
Watch the Videos: Highlights of the 2013 Report | Highlights of the 2013 Report: Asia | Highlights of the 2013 Report: Africa | Highlights of the 2013 Report: The Americas | Feeding the World of Tomorrow | Benefits and Impact of Biotech Crops | Food Security | Biotech Crops in Africa: 2013
From the BICs
Malaysian Biotech Information Centre (MABIC) publishes a monthly free newspaper on biotech that aims to bridge biotech and the society. "The Petri Dish" signifies the increasing importance of biotech in our life style. The paper is to dish out all the interesting and innovative research work at universities, research institutes and industry and make it palatable for the society.
January 26, 2017 • TROY MEDIA
January 18, 2017 • SOUTH PUNJAB NEWS
January 17, 2017 • MODERN GHANA
January 17, 2017 • THENEWS.COM.PK 2017
January 6, 2017 • THE DAILY STAR
John Templeton Foundation Project
Project Title: Adoption and Uptake Pathways of GM/Biotech Crops by Small-scale, Resource-poor Farmers: Comparative Studies in China, India, and the Philippines
Monograph: Cadres of Change: Transforming Biotech Farmers in China, India, and the Philippines
China: Full Report | Highlights (English) | Highlights (Chinese)
India: Full Report | Executive Summary (Hindi) | Highlights | Press Release (Hindi)
Philippines: Full Report | Highlights (English) | Highlights (Filipino)
International Conference: Highlights